Friday, March 28, 2008

time...

isn't on my side, perhaps I need to be on its side. One of my classmates has asked fellow students and teachers how they see time. This is an interesting question. As one who overanalyzes and waffles, I don't have a definitive answer. I know how I want time to be. I want it to be everchanging to fit my needs. Ideally it would have fluid periods which could overlap like an artful and seamless transition in a movie. I also wish it had static and safe niches where one could escape to as a respite from the day to day rhythm which never ceases.
I'm wondering about time because this is the final weekday of spring break and I have accomplished only a couple of things on my to do list. The surprising element is the fact there has been relatively little slacking on my part. I have been putting forth effort to get caught up on office work - I'm almost done. I've done only one of four items related to school, and zero of three desired museum visits, and one of half a dozen other personal errands and projects. For the last couple of weeks I have been assisting Steve with two custom concrete dyeing projects. Hopefully the second one will be completed to the client's liking by tomorrow. It has been nice to spend time with him, but I'm sure he would agree a little extra closeness is enjoyable but a tad too much can border on annoying.
The break in my spring break has allowed me to sleep in, read periodicals, and watch a couple of movies including "Goya's Ghost." I am also reading Original Self by Thomas Moore. More on that to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time has gone by sooo fast this Spring Break! I watched Dan In Real Life (excellent, I have a crush on Steve C. now!), Horton Hears A Who (I think it may have nailed the world that Jim Carey lives in really ... I have always tried to imagine what it would be like ... now I know! ) and the 3rd chick kick butt movie (her name was Alice) and zombies (my sister was behind this pic). I actually enjoyed them! I should have been catching extra zzzzzzz's but I just don't have time for movies anymore, so I splurged!
Love the blog E!!