Sunday, October 19, 2008

Internship

A retraction from an earlier post, I'm not going to start new blogs for thesis and internship, I will write about those topics here. But stayed tuned, I now have a domain and hosting so I will have a portfolio website up soon.

I haven't taken an opportunity to write about my internship at The Band, a multi-platform media agency.
If I had fewer classes this semester I would spend much more time there as the atmosphere is great. The office is small and the in house staff are smart and upbeat folks. Everyone engages in a variety of spirited conversation on all topics, politics being a popular one currently. Levity plays a large part in some of these discussions and thankfully everyone maintains a sense of humor. Yes, much hard work does get accomplished in this setting.
The creative director Jared Wolf is an energetic designer whose brain seems at times to run at supersonic speed. He is very patient and encouraging as an intern mentor. He also is immensely helpful to me on my school related projects since he can brainstorm and problem solve quickly. Added bonus, he is an alumnus of UCD.
Check back for more.

No comments: